These Pans are Ideal for Baking All Types of Cookies
Heart Shaped Butter Cookies Recipe
These heart-shaped butter cookies are ideal for Valentine's Day or any other occasion when you want to express your feelings to someone. The buttery dough is simple to work with and can be coloured with any food colouring. These cookies will melt anyone's heart.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
- Incorporate the vanilla extract.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture gradually, mixing until well combined.
- Mix in a few drops of red food coloring until the dough is pink.
- Make two equal parts of the dough and shape them into flat discs.
- Wrap the discs in plastic wrap and place them in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove one disc of dough from the refrigerator and roll it out to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut out cookies with a heart-shaped cookie cutter and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat the process with the second dough disc.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Butter Cookie Accessories
The Cookie Bible
The King Arthur Baking Company Cookie Companion
Cookies - The New Classic Baking Book
101 Greatest Cookies On The Planet
Butter Cookie Recipes
Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Thin and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Chocolate Chunk Cookies Recipe