The Ultimate Guide to Baking and Decorating Cookies, Shipped Right to Your Door
Vanilla Butter Christmas Cookies Recipe
Vanilla butter Christmas cookies are a traditional holiday treat that everyone will enjoy. The buttery dough holds its shape well and is easy to work with, making it ideal for cut-out cookies. Decorate them with festive royal icing for a festive and tasty holiday dessert.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Incorporate the egg and vanilla extract.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the butter mixture gradually until just combined.
- Make two equal portions of dough and shape into discs.
- Refrigerate each disc for at least 2 hours or overnight, wrapped in plastic wrap.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
- Using parchment paper, line a baking sheet.
- Remove one disc of dough from the refrigerator and set aside for a few minutes to come to room temperature.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Using cookie cutters, cut out desired shapes.
- Place the cookies about 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the edges are golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with the remaining dough disc.
- If desired, decorate the cooled cookies with royal icing.
Christmas Cookie Accessories
Dorie's Cookies Cookbook
Martha Stewart's Cookie Perfection
The Cookie Collection
The Homemade Cookies Bible
Christmas Cookie Recipes
Honey Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
Flourless German Gingerbread Cookies (Elisen Gingerbread) Recipe
Decorated Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
Marshmallow Ginger Cookies Recipe