A Celebration of Every Cookie you Could Ever Imagine In A Single Cookbook
Decorated Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
These gingerbread cookies are ideal for the holidays. They're soft, chewy, and bursting with flavour. For a fun and festive touch, decorate them with your favourite icing and toppings.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon and cloves in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Add the egg and mix until combined.
- Mix in the molasses and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Mix together the dry and wet ingredients until well combined.
- Divide the dough in half and flatten into discs.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, wrapped in plastic wrap.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Using parchment paper, line a baking sheet.
- Roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness on a floured surface.
- Using cookie cutters, cut out desired shapes and place on a baking sheet.
- 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cool cookies before decorating with icing and desired toppings.
Gingerbread Cookie Accessories
Silicone Cookie Mold, Perfect For Homemade Cookies
Sally's Cookie Addiction
Non-Stick Kitchen Oven Baking Pans
The Cookie Bible
Gingerbread Cookie Recipes
Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies with Icing Recipe
Mini Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
Oven Baked Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
Gingerbread Biscuits Recipe