Over 100 Delectable Recipes that are Perfect for any Occasion
Gingersnap Cut Out Cookies Recipe
These Gingersnap Cut Out Cookies are a fun and festive holiday treat to make. They are ideal for the cooler months due to the combination of warm spices and molasses. You can eat them plain or decorate them with icing to add a festive touch.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 42 minutes
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the molasses and egg until well combined.
- Whisk together the flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture gradually, mixing until just combined.
- Make two equal portions of dough and shape into discs.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight, wrapped in plastic wrap.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch thickness on a floured surface.
- Cut out desired shapes with cookie cutters and place the cookies on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the edges are golden.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with the remaining scraps of dough, re-rolling as needed.
- Decorate as desired with icing.
Gingerbread Cookie Accessories
101 Greatest Cookies On The Planet
Dorie's Cookies Cookbook
Martha Stewart's Cookie Perfection
The Cookie Collection
Gingerbread Cookie Recipes
Peanut Butter Gingerbread Men Recipe
Salted Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
Chewy Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
Heart Shaped Gingerbread Cookies Recipe