Your Ultimate Cooking Guide To Foolproof Cookies, Shipped Right to Your Door
Frosted Shortbread Cookies with Sprinkles Recipe
Frosted Shortbread Cookies with Sprinkles are a delectable and festive treat that are ideal for any occasion. For a colourful and tasty finish, the buttery shortbread cookies are studded with rainbow sprinkles and topped with a sweet glaze and more sprinkles.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
- Combine the butter, granulated sugar, and confectioners' sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, salt, and vanilla extract and mix until a dough forms.
- Add the rainbow sprinkles and mix well.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of 1/4 inch on a floured surface.
- (6 mm).
- Cut out desired shapes with a cookie cutter and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to completely cool before frosting them.
- Whisk together the confectioners' sugar and enough milk to make a smooth, pourable frosting in a small bowl.
- Drizzle the frosting over the cookies, then immediately top with more rainbow sprinkles.
- Before serving, allow the frosting to set.
Shortbread Cookie Accessories
Sally's Cookie Addiction
Non-Stick Kitchen Oven Baking Pans
The Cookie Bible
The King Arthur Baking Company Cookie Companion
Shortbread Cookie Recipes
Homemade Shortbread Cookies Recipe
Cherry Shortbread Cookies Recipe
Jewish Shortbread Cookie Pie Recipe
Salted Shortbread Biscuits Recipe