The Baking Book For Every Kitchen, Shipped Right to Your Door
Gingerbread Star Stack Recipe
This festive Gingerbread Star Stack is the ideal holiday dessert table centrepiece. It's sure to impress your guests with layers of soft and spicy gingerbread stars held together by creamy frosting.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon and cloves in a medium mixing bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Mix in the molasses, egg, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Alternate between dry ingredients and milk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients, and mixing until just combined.
- Cut the dough in half and form each half into a disc.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Roll out one disc of dough to 1/4-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut out stars in various sizes with a star-shaped cookie cutter.
- Place the stars on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Rep with the remaining dough.
- Stack stars from largest to smallest, using a dollop of frosting between each layer to keep them together.
Gingerbread Cookie Accessories
Silicone Cookie Mold, Perfect For Homemade Cookies
Sally's Cookie Addiction
Non-Stick Kitchen Oven Baking Pans
The Cookie Bible
Gingerbread Cookie Recipes
Ginger Cut-Out Cookies Recipe
Peppernuts Gingerbread Buttons Recipe
Spiced Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
Ginger Snaps Recipe