Includes 12 Metal Cookie Cutters, Perfect for Making Homemade Cookies
Gingerbread Men Cookies Recipe
Gingerbread men cookies are a traditional holiday treat that are ideal for gifting or enjoying at home with a hot cup of cocoa. Ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice combine with the sweetness of molasses and brown sugar to make a delicious and fragrant cookie.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the molasses and egg until well combined.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture gradually, stirring constantly, until a dough forms.
- Cut the dough in half and form each half into a disc.
- Refrigerate the discs for at least 2 hours, wrapped in plastic wrap.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius).
- Using parchment paper, line a baking sheet.
- Remove the chilled dough from the refrigerator and set it aside for a few minutes at room temperature until it's soft enough to roll out.
- Roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch thickness on a floured surface.
- Cut out the shapes with a gingerbread man cookie cutter and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Decorate the cookies as desired once they have cooled.
Christmas Cookie Accessories
Dorie's Cookies Cookbook
Martha Stewart's Cookie Perfection
The Cookie Collection
The Homemade Cookies Bible
Christmas Cookie Recipes
Christmas Bear Cutter Cookies Recipe
Homemade Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
Chocolate Snowflake Cookies Recipe
Homemade Christmas Cookies with Powdered Sugar Recipe