The Ultimate Guide to Baking and Decorating Cookies, Shipped Right to Your Door
Cantucci Cookies (Biscotti di Prato) Recipe
Cantucci Cookies, also known as Biscotti di Prato, are crunchy almond cookies from the Tuscan town of Prato. They are traditionally served with a glass of sweet wine or coffee for dipping.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla extract until a dough forms.
- Toss in the toasted almonds.
- Form the dough into two logs, each about 12 inches long and 2 inches wide, on a floured surface.
- Place the logs on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and firm.
- Remove from oven and set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Slice logs diagonally into 1/2-inch thick slices with a serrated knife.
- Return the slices to the baking sheet and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until lightly browned and crisp.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool completely on a wire rack.
The Cookie Collection
The Homemade Cookies Bible
Oxo Good Grips 14-Piece Cookie Press Set
The Perfect Cookie
Petit Beurre Cookies Recipe
Butter Biscuit Cookies Recipe
Belgium Butter Waffle Cookies Recipe
English Digestive Biscuits Recipe