Irresistible Cookies, Cookie Bars, Shortbread And More
Homemade Biscotti Recipe
This Homemade Biscotti recipe is simple to make and goes well with a cup of coffee or tea. These crunchy, twice-baked cookies have a delicate vanilla flavor and are filled with toasted almonds. This recipe yields approximately 24 biscotti and is certain to impress your family and friends.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- One at a time, add the eggs, beating well after each addition.
- Incorporate the vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture gradually, mixing until just combined.
- Incorporate the chopped almonds.
- Form the dough into a long, flat log and place it on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until lightly golden brown and firm.
- Remove from the oven and set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Slice the log into 1/2-inch slices with a sharp knife.
- Return the slices to the baking sheet and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes more, or until the biscotti are crisp and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely before serving.
The King Arthur Baking Company Cookie Companion
Cookies - The New Classic Baking Book
101 Greatest Cookies On The Planet
Dorie's Cookies Cookbook
Homemade Almond Biscotti Recipe
Tuscan Cantucci Almond Cookies Recipe
Pistachio Biscotti Recipe
Traditional Italian Biscotti (Toscani Cantuccini) Recipe