Includes 12 Stainless Steel Cookie Disks, Non-Slip Lever and Storage Case
Homemade Italian Almond Biscotti Recipe
These traditional Italian almond biscotti are a crunchy and delicious treat that goes well with coffee or tea. These biscotti have a crispy exterior and a slightly chewy centre and are filled with nutty almond flavor, making them ideal for sharing with family and friends.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius).
- Using parchment paper, line a baking sheet.
- Whisk together the all-purpose flour, almond flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- One at a time, beat in the eggs, then stir in the almond extract.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until they are just combined.
- Add the chopped almonds and mix well.
- Divide the dough in half and shape each half into a 12-inch (30-cm) long log on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, flattening the tops slightly.
- Bake the logs for 25-30 minutes, or until lightly golden and firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F (160°C).
- Cut the logs into 1/2-inch (125-cm) thick diagonal slices with a serrated knife.
- Bake the slices for 10-15 minutes, or until golden and crisp, on a baking sheet.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until the slices are golden and crisp on the other side.
- Allow to cool completely before serving or storing in an airtight container on a wire rack.
Dorie's Cookies Cookbook
Martha Stewart's Cookie Perfection
The Cookie Collection
The Homemade Cookies Bible
Traditional Italian Biscotti (Toscani Cantuccini) Recipe
Vanilla and Chocolate Biscuits Recipe
Petit Beurre Cookies Recipe
Butter Biscuit Cookies Recipe