100+ Recipes To Take Your Sweet Treats To The Next Level, Shipped Right to Your Door
Italian Almond Biscotti Recipe
These crunchy Italian almond biscotti are bursting with nutty flavor. The perfect accompaniment to coffee, tea or dessert wine.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the egg and almond extract until thoroughly combined.
- Mix in the flour mixture just until combined.
- Incorporate the chopped almonds.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, shape the dough into a log about 12 inches long and 3 inches wide.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until lightly golden and firm.
- Remove from the oven and set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Cut the log into 1/2-inch slices with a serrated knife and arrange the slices on the baking sheet, cut side down.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until the slices are lightly golden and crisp, flipping them halfway through.
- Allow to cool completely on the baking sheet after removing from the oven.
- Store the biscotti at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Non-Stick Kitchen Oven Baking Pans
The Cookie Bible
The King Arthur Baking Company Cookie Companion
Cookies - The New Classic Baking Book
Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti Recipe
Amaretti Biscotti Cookies Recipe
Homemade Almond Biscotti Recipe
Tuscan Cantucci Almond Cookies Recipe