Over 100 Delectable Recipes that are Perfect for any Occasion
Speculaas Spiced Cookies Recipe
Speculaas Spiced Cookies are a delectable Dutch treat suitable for any occasion. These cookies have a cosy and comforting flavour thanks to a blend of warm spices like cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. They're crisp on the outside and tender on the inside, making them ideal for a relaxing afternoon at home.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves in a medium mixing bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Beat in the egg until well combined.
- Beat in the flour mixture gradually until just combined.
- Cut the dough in half and form each half into a disc.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour after wrapping in plastic wrap.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Using parchment paper, line a baking sheet.
- Roll out the dough to a 1/4-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut out shapes with cookie cutters and place on a baking sheet that has been prepared.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are lightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Martha Stewart's Cookie Perfection
The Cookie Collection
The Homemade Cookies Bible
Oxo Good Grips 14-Piece Cookie Press Set
Butter Cookies Recipe
Christmas Tree Butter Cookies Recipe
Butter Cookies with Sugar Recipe
Butter Swirl Cookies Recipe