Guide to Baking the Perfect Cookies Featuring 400 Recipes
Speculaas Dutch Cookies Recipe
Speculaas cookies are a traditional Dutch treat eaten during the Sinterklaas holiday season. These spiced cookies are typically baked in special wooden moulds that imprint designs on the dough and are made with a blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and white pepper. If you don't have a speculaas mold, a cookie cutter will suffice. These cookies are ideal for dipping in tea or coffee.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, speculaas spice mix, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Incorporate the egg until well combined.
- Combine the flour and butter mixtures and stir until a dough forms.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of about 5mm (1/4 inch) on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut out cookies with a speculaas mould or cookie cutter and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
The Homemade Cookies Bible
Oxo Good Grips 14-Piece Cookie Press Set
The Perfect Cookie
Metal Cookie Cutter Set
Butter Cookies with Sugar Recipe
Butter Swirl Cookies Recipe
Heart Shaped Butter Cookies Recipe
Butter Cookies with Sprinkles Recipe