Non-Stick Surface Ensures that your Cookies will Come Out Perfectly Every Time
Gingerbread Cookies with Icing Recipe
These traditional gingerbread cookies are perfectly spiced and perfect for the holidays. The icing adds a sweet touch and makes them even more festive.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cream the butter and brown sugar together in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Incorporate the molasses and egg until well combined.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in a separate bowl.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet mixture gradually until a dough forms.
- Wrap each half of the dough in plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Roll out the chilled dough to 1/4-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut out desired shapes with cookie cutters and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and milk and whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle or spread the icing over the cooled cookies and set aside until ready to serve.
Christmas Cookie Accessories
Cookies - The New Classic Baking Book
101 Greatest Cookies On The Planet
Dorie's Cookies Cookbook
Martha Stewart's Cookie Perfection
Christmas Cookie Recipes
Decorated Christmas Cookies Recipe
Gingersnap Cookies Recipe
Honey Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
Flourless German Gingerbread Cookies (Elisen Gingerbread) Recipe