Includes 12 Metal Cookie Cutters, Perfect for Making Homemade Cookies
Stacked Christmas Tree Cookies Recipe
Stacked Christmas Tree Cookies are a festive and fun way to celebrate the holiday season. The buttery, green sugar cookies are simple to make and can be decorated to look like ornaments with red and yellow candies. When the cookies are stacked together, they form a cute and edible Christmas tree that will impress your friends and family.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 57 minutes
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla extract until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture gradually, mixing until just combined.
- Mix in a few drops of green food coloring until the desired shade of green is achieved.
- Divide the dough into three equal parts and flatten each into a disc.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes after wrapping each disc in plastic wrap.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove one disc of dough from the refrigerator and roll it out to a thickness of 1/4 inch on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut out as many trees as possible from the dough with a tree-shaped cookie cutter and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with the remaining two dough discs, rolling, cutting, and baking.
- After all of the cookies have been baked and cooled, decorate them with red and yellow M&M's or other candy as desired.
- Place a dab of frosting on the bottom of the largest tree and press it onto a plate or platter to assemble the stacked trees.
- Repeat with the remaining trees, stacking them from largest to smallest and glueing them together with frosting.
- Serve immediately, or keep at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Christmas Cookie Accessories
Oxo Good Grips 14-Piece Cookie Press Set
The Perfect Cookie
Metal Cookie Cutter Set
100 Cookies Recipe Book
Christmas Cookie Recipes
Ginger Crisps Recipe
Ginger Biscuits Recipe
Gingersnap Cookies with Molasses Recipe
Vegan Gingerbread Cookies Recipe