Includes 12 Metal Cookie Cutters, Perfect for Making Homemade Cookies
Assorted Shortbread Cookies Recipe
This assortment of shortbread cookies is ideal for any occasion. To make a fun and colourful assortment, the dough is divided into four portions and mixed with various flavours and colours. They're buttery and crumbly, and they melt in your mouth.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the vanilla extract and salt until well combined.
- Whisk together the flour and cornflour in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture gradually, mixing until just combined.
- Make four equal portions of the dough.
- Mix the sprinkles into one portion, the cocoa powder into another, and the chopped nuts into yet another.
- Leave the fourth section alone.
- Roll each portion into a 1 1/2-inch-diameter log and wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate the dough logs for at least 30 minutes.
- Take the logs out of the fridge and cut them into 1/4 inch rounds.
- Place the rounds 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
- Allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Shortbread Cookie Accessories
The Cookie Bible
The King Arthur Baking Company Cookie Companion
Cookies - The New Classic Baking Book
101 Greatest Cookies On The Planet
Shortbread Cookie Recipes
Jewish Shortbread Cookie Pie Recipe
Salted Shortbread Biscuits Recipe
Lavender Shortbread Cookies Recipe
Apricot Thumbprint Cookies Recipe