Includes 12 Metal Cookie Cutters, Perfect for Making Homemade Cookies
Homemade Linzer Cookies Recipe
Linzer cookies are a traditional Austrian treat made with buttery shortbread cookies and raspberry jam. The almond flour and cinnamon give the dough a warm, nutty flavor, and the cut-out design makes them as pretty as they are delicious. Ideal for sharing with friends and family over a cup of tea or coffee.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla extract until thoroughly combined.
- Whisk together the all-purpose flour, almond flour, cinnamon, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture gradually, mixing until just combined.
- Make a ball of the dough, flatten it into a disc, and wrap it in plastic wrap.
- Chill for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the chilled dough to a thickness of ¼ inch (6 mm).
- Cut out an even number of cookies with a 2-inch (5-cm) round cookie cutter.
- Cut a small circle out of the centre of half of the cookies with a smaller cookie cutter.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden brown, on the prepared baking sheet.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 1 teaspoon raspberry jam should be spread on the bottom of each entire cookie.
- To make a sandwich, dust the cutout cookies with powdered sugar and layer them on top of the jam-topped cookies.
Sugar Cookie Accessories
Cookies - The New Classic Baking Book
101 Greatest Cookies On The Planet
Dorie's Cookies Cookbook
Martha Stewart's Cookie Perfection
Sugar Cookie Recipes
Classic Biscotti Recipe
Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti Recipe
Amaretti Biscotti Cookies Recipe
Homemade Almond Biscotti Recipe